Twisted Oats soup9:00:00 PM
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chillies
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 cups basic fat free vagetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the oats and saute on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and basic vegetable stock, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the salt, pepper, mint leaves and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Serve immediately and top it with some parsley.
Nutrition:Per serving: 71 calories (when cooked with water); fat; carbohydrates; added sugars;
1.7 protein; 1.5 fiber;
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (30% daily value), Vitamin C (17.2% daily value),