If you follow these seven secret tips to losing body fat every day, you will melt away your body fat quickly. Losing weight is one of the hardest things there is to do. What we want to accomplish is not only losing weight, but we want to lose body fat as well. This is where we will see the results we have been looking for. When you lose weight, you are losing another thing also; for example, muscle loss and water weight.
1. Eat a lot of protein. This is one of the most important parts of losing body fat. When you are dieting your body will burn carbohydrates to give you energy. When your body runs out of carbohydrates to burn, your body will turn to burn fat to give you energy. When your protein intake is low, your body will begin to use muscle as energy. You don't want muscle loss; this will give you a "soft" look. Eat a protein bar or a protein shake throughout the day to avoid burning muscle. It is recommended that you eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day.
2. Lower your carbohydrates or you will find it tough to lose fat quickly. Your body will burn the carbs for energy and will not need to burn the fat. The problem is that everyone likes carbs. I love bagels, but if you eat your carbohydrates early like at breakfast time, it will help to give you the energy to start your day, and you will burn the carbs as the day goes on. When the carbs are burnt off for energy, then your body can start to burn the fat.
3. Take multi-vitamins to replace the nutrients you are losing during weight loss. These nutrients are essential to a healthy, fat burning body.
4. You have heard this a million times before, don't eat before you go to bed. Your metabolism is slowing down. You should stop eating 3 hours before bedtime.
5. Do cardio exercises. You should plan on doing cardio exercises four times per week for at least 20 minutes per session. Each week plan on adding an extra 5 minutes until you are up to 45-minute cardio workouts. The best time to do this is first thing in the morning and before you eat anything. This will help you burn fat quicker.
6. Drink plenty of water. The importance of this is overlooked by many. Our body is 70% water and needs a lot of water to run actually. Water helps to transport nutrients to your body as well as flushing out toxins. Water also contributes to build quality muscle, which will assist you in losing body fat.
7. Eat several small meals a day instead of 2-3 large meals. By eating 5-6 small meals a day you are keeping your metabolism in high gear all day long. When you eat three meals a day, your metabolism has a lot of time between meals to slow down.